Hotel Safety Dry Iron
The Hotel Safety Dry Iron boasts an auto shut off safety feature. Motion sensor switch turns the iron off in 30 seconds if left on soleplate and 8 minutes if left on heel.
- Motion sensor switches iron off in 30 seconds if left on soleplate and 8 minutes if left on heel.
- Easy glide non stick soleplate
- Adjustable temperature control
- 360° power lead
- 3 metre power lead for ease of use
- 1200W Power
- 3 pin UK plug
- 1 year warranty
The Hotel Safety Dry Iron is also available in a steam option please click here
Using your Hotel Safety Dry Iron
The first time the Hotel Safety Dry Iron is used, a small amount of smoke may be emitted. This is perfectly normal and ceases to occur after the appliance has been in use for a while.
- Place the iron on a stable flat surface out of the reach of children.
- Turn the temperature control dial to the lowest position.
- Plug into a suitable power outlet, ensuring that the power cord is not —overstretched or could be accidentally caught. The pilot light will illuminate, indicating that the iron is switched on.
- Rotate the temperature control dial to the required setting for the clothes. The pilot light will come on indicating that the iron is heating. When the pilot light goes out this indicates that the iron has reached the temperature for your selection and you can start ironing.
- After ironing, unplug the iron from the power supply, turn the dial to the lowest setting minimum and allow it to cool in a safe place.
Auto shut off safety function The iron will automatically shut off: after 8 minutes in the standing position (upright); or after 30 seconds in the horizontal position (flat).
Note : As soon as the iron is moved again, it switches back on.
- Switch the iron off, disconnect from the power and allow it to cool down.
- Clean with a soft cloth, using it damp, if necessary, to remove minor stains.
- Do not immerse any part of the iron in water and ensure all external connections, switches and sockets are kept dry.
- Chemicals, detergents or any abrasive cleaning powder, pads or polish of any kind must not be used as they can damage the iron.
AUTOMATIC SAFETY CUT OFF FEATURE
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USE
DO NOT wrap the lead around the body of the iron after use as this may cause damage to the lead.
DO NOT use the iron but report to the hotel management if the iron has been dropped and there is visible damage or leakage.
DO NOT use in a bathroom or near any source of water.
DO NOT allow the iron or its lead to be submerged in water.
DO NOT leave the iron unattended whilst in use.
DO NOT use the iron for any use other than ironing clothes.
DO NOT allow the power cord to hang over the edge of the ironing board where it can be pulled off.
NEVER iron clothes whilst they are being worn.
ALWAYS use secure ironing board cradle whilst iron is switched on but not in use.
ALWAYS make sure the iron is used and rested on a stable surface.
ALWAYS ensure that the iron is placed on a flat, stable surface with the power cord properly connected out of the reach of children.
ALWAYS unplug the iron before cleaning.
ALWAYS carry the iron with care and touch only the switches and handle.
This appliance is not intended for use by persons including children with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliances by a person responsible for their safety.
Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with this appliance.
IMPORTANT— If the mains lead of this appliance becomes damaged then it must be replaced by a suitably qualified person using the same rated cable in order to avoid a hazard.
THERE ARE NO USER SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE AND THE CASING SHOULD NOT BE OPENED BY AN UNQUALIFIED PERSON
Ensure your supply is rated at 220-240v and 50/60Hz before operating the appliance.
This appliance is fitted with a rewirable plug incorporating a 13amp fuse. In addition this appliance must be earthed or connected to an earthed supply. In the event of the fuse needing replacement then a 13amp fuse approved by ASTA to BS1362 MUST be used.