Yellow Clinical Waste Bags – (Large) Pack Of 100
Yellow Clinical Waste Bags are tough, durable, highly visible waste bags are designed for the safe disposal of medicinal and clinical waste.
The dangers of clinical waste
Clinical waste, if managed incorrectly, can be harmful to the environment, public and your reputation. We’re not trying to scare you, but it’s important.
Improper disposal of clinical waste can lead to spreading of serious infections. Even if you’ve left it in a secure location, so that passers-by and employees cannot get to it – there’s always the risk of animals and pests getting at your stray waste and therefore, spreading potentially deadly diseases around as well as said waste contaminating water supplies. Any waste that falls in the clinical category should be correctly bagged in a yellow bag, clearly marked and securely fastened. Then fasten it again, for good measure.
Sharp waste, such as needles and scalpels should be placed in an appropriate sharps bin. This is to not only avoid physical harm to people, but also the spread of infections from the substances found on the sharps.
The sticky tabs enable the bags to be easily sealed after use.
• Heavy duty
• Ideal for adding to First Aid Kits and Body Fluid Disposal Kits
• Supplied flat packed
• Bag dimensions (355mm x 420mm)
• Clearly labelled for safe disposal of biohazardous waste
• Adhere to PIRA/UN carriage of dangerous goods regulations
• Marked with the universal Biohazard symbol
APPLICATIONS & WASTE STREAMS
- Swabs & dressings
- Soiled cotton wool
- Tissues & blue roll/couch roll
- Soiled gloves and aprons
- Incontinence pads and nappies
- IV lines and fluid bags contaminated with pharmaceutical medicines
- Syringe bodies and disposable metallic parts
NOT SUITABLE FOR
- Non-infectious waste
- Anatomical waste, placental waste
- Cytotoxic/ Cytostatic waste
- Domestic waste
Health and Safety Precautions: Use this waste bag as per the instructions, ensuring the bag is not filled more than two thirds full.